The last installment of the Twilight series, Breaking Dawn part 2, is now showing in theaters. At the recent premiere in Los Angeles, Kristen Stewart, looked very retro-glam but with an edge. Wearing a nude, sheer, Zuhair Murad gown the young actress looked amazing. Kristen Stewart’s retro-glam edgy hair that night was created by Fekkai hairstylist, Adir Abergel. For the latest on Kristen Stewart’s hair and any tips I had the opportunity to ask Adir a few questions:
How far in advance (if any) did you plan Kristen’s hair? Is she included in the process?
With this being the final Twilight movie, I was excited and had been thinking about different ideas for the hair. I knew I wanted it to be glamorous in an old Hollywood way. I think her hair was very glamorous but still very Kristen.
Kristen and I always collaborate and talk about my ideas and hers and then we mesh them together into the final look.
What type of hair does Kristen have & is this hairstyle suitable for all hair-types?
Kristen has awesome natural texture to her hair and when I style it I try to make it look effortless, touchable, and voluminous with a minimal amount of product.
Classic movie star waves like we saw on Kristen at the premiere have always been popular, they’re suitable for everyone. For girls with natural curls it might take less time to style but fine, straight hair can pull off this look too by using a curling iron and holding the waves with Fekkai’s Sheer Hold Hairspray.
Lastly, any hair tips for dry Winter hair?
It’s no secret that cold temperatures dry out the hair so the most important tip is to lock in moisture. You can do this by using a hair mask once or twice a week – I love Fekkai’s PrX Reparatives Intense Fortifying Mask. It works from the base of the hair to strengthen the strands and prevent further damage. The secret to beautiful hair is healthy hair so make moisturizing part of your weekly routine especially in the winter!
twilight: breaking dawn pt 2 by beautyparler
Recreate the look for a chic night out using all Fekkai products:
HOW TO: A Veronica Lake-inspired style with a modern, deconstructed twist
- Begin by applying Fekkai COIFF Bouffant Lifting & Texturizing Spray Gel from roots to ends to create texture and memory.
- Next, hand-dry the hair until it is completely dry to enhance your natural texture and create volume before making a deep side part.
- After the part is created, take 1″ sections of hair, spray them with Fekkai COIFF Sheer Hold Hairspray and curl them around a 1″ barrel curling iron. Pin the curls in place and allow hair to cool. Continue this process around the entire head.
- Once you’ve finished curling your hair, gently brush out the curls with the Fekkai Classic Brush and apply Fekkai Brilliant Glossing Cream to the ends to create separation and give hair a high-shine effect.
- Add a modern twist and some edge to the style by slicking back one side of the hair and pinning it in place. Finish your style with Fekkai COIFF Sheer Hold Hairspray to ensure for touchable hold.
What do you think of Kristen Stewart’s hair at the L.A Twilight: Breaking Down pt.2 premiere?
(first image & source DEVRIES PR)