These last couple of days in Toronto have been HOT! Finally and thankfully, however, warmer weather also means my skin doesn’t love the feel of too much makeup. A tinted moisturizer or a light foundation is enough for me. As for skincare, a pump-foaming cleanser is my favourite for warmer weather. Especially as a morning cleanser. In general, foaming cleansers do not strip the skin and are gentle. So gentle that depending on the formula you will need a separate eye makeup remover (if using as an evening cleanser). Although not all are created equal, in my opinion a cleanser doesn’t stay long enough on your skin to penetrate therefore I’m from the school of thought that a fancy expensive cleanser is not money well spent. In no particular order I’ve listed my favourites, price points vary but I am sure you can easily find one of the above in your area and price range.
- Aveeno Ultra Foaming Cleanser; oil-free cleanser, fragrance-free. Its claim to fame, contains Feverfew (related to Chamomile). I’ve repurchased this many times, an old staple of mine.
- Vichy Purifying Foaming Water; soap and paraben-free, no alcohol, its one of the few foaming cleansers that actually removes eye makeup. Your actually suppose to apply this with a cotton pad on dry skin and no rinsing necessary. However, I prefer to apply to dry skin and message into skin followed by a rinse. Repeat if taking off eye makeup.
- Clean & Clear Continuous Control Acne Wash; you don’t have to have acne to use this oil-free cleasner! Contains 2% Salicylic Acid, great for unclogging pores.
- Philosophy Purity High-Foaming Daily Cleanser; contains aloe! Another cleanser where water is not needed but I prefer to apply on dry skin & rinse afterwards. Slight drying effect therefore great for oily to combination skin types.
- Live Clean (Fresh Face) Foaming Daily Cleanser; in general I am a huge fan of Live Clean products; great, inexpensive, eco-friendly products that delivery quality. Live Clean recently added the Fresh Face line; facial skincare. Contains Orchid extract, Vit C, and many other goodies. This cleanse is “free” of so many harmful ingredients refer to link to read the list, impressive!
- Dermaglow Foaming Cleanser; an old favourite (a repeat fave on beautyparler.ca). Originally recommended to me by a co-worker which I’m glad because this soap-free cleanser is super gentle. No parabens, no dyes or fragrances.
Do you love pump style foaming cleansers too? List your favourites!