Last week the weather in Toronto was tropical! And when its that hot the last thing I want to put on my skin is thick creams or makeup. Typically in the Summer I prefer a light lotion but I didn’t even want to apply my daily tinted moisturizer or foundation afterwards for fear of layering too much. It was that hot! And when a beauty blogger feels the need to not wear any makeup she’s not suffering from an illness, just heatwave melt-down.
For this beauty blogger the only S.O.S was two products from Skinceuticals that I love. Normally I layer these two products with other facial products; but this combination skin-type gal turned to an oil-mine.
SkinCeuticals Phyto Corrective Gel:
As my skin is more susceptible to congested pores in the Summer I like products that offer antiseptic relief. The Phtyo Corrective Gel is a green gel that I apply on bare-skin, 2 drops in palm of hand and then I gently apply to skin. Let dry & apply which ever other product you like or just your favourite sunscreen.
- Excellent oil-free hydrator for acneic skin
- Contains anti-inflammatory cucumber and anti-bacterial thyme to soothe and calm irritated skin
- Helps prepare skin for rejuvenating procedures, reducing post-treatment redness
- Plant glycosides help minimize discoloration
- Optimal for sensitive or problematic skin
Lightweight, easily absorbed, and the perfect Summer skin saver for problematic skin.
Retails $65 CDN
But don’t let the price tag scare you, this gel is concentrated and will last forever.
SkinCeuticals Hydrating B5 Gel:
This has been an old skincare staple of mine for years. I first discovered this hydrating gem on MakeupAlley (an online forum of beauty consumers who share reviews). Normally, I use the Hydrating B5 Gel layered with other facial lotions for extra moisture for my dehydrated combination skin-type (excellent for travelers) but this gel was good enough in this past heat-wave.
- Contains vitamin B5 to help with tissue repair and replenish nutrients
- Binds moisture to the skin with hyaluronic acid, a natural humectant
- Leaves skin feeling supple and smooth
- Maximizes the benefits of a daily moisturizer
- Recommended for use with vitamin C treatments
- Ideal for all skin types
Layered with the Corrective Gel, both products didn’t feel heavy nor oily.
Retails $78 CDN