Being a fan of the Sex and the City show, more so than the movies, I realized this past weekend that I actually suck at SATC trivia. This realization occurred this past Saturday in New York on a bus full of out-of-town ladies (me included) on a On Location Tour of Sex and the City hotspots. Get a bus full of; Carrie, Miranda, Charlotte, and Samantha characters makes for an interesting morning! There I was Saturday morning, one eye open and the other still sleeping (I was in town searching for my wedding gown, follow Bonita Bride for more details) with my New York native friend running to make the 10:15am pick-up time near the steps of The Plaza Hotel. Thankfully Emily the tour guide was wide awake and her morning enthusiasm was welcoming as an alarm clock. She was great and SATC knowledgeable, like really knowledgeable. I feel like watching all the old episodes now! Without giving all the tour details away, here’s the breakdown of what to expect;
- 3.5 hour tour which includes a bit of walking (goes by really fast & an excellent way to get to know New York city in general)
- have a cupcake like Carrie & Miranda did!
- drink a cosmo at “Scout”, the bar owned by Aidan, great way to wash down the previous cupcake (or two)!
- visit the church where Samantha meets “The Friar”, such a darling little church!
- see the furniture store where Aidan designed his pieces
- shop at the store where Charlotte bought her “Rabbit”
- stop at Buddakan, where Carrie & Big’s wedding rehearsal dinner took place. Gorgeous venue!
- see much more!
Such an enjoyable way to finish my mini NYC getaway & I made it on time to the airport to catch my flight.
Finally, thanks to On Location Tours for such a fabulous time. They sponsored a giveaway last year on my blog and I’m glad I finally got to go on the tour!
(top image via HBO.com, no affiliation with the tour company)